Monday 15 December 2014

The curtain rises on Spirits play



The stage was set; the props in place, the play began:

Gary positioned Spirit’s foot for his photo shoot and Spirit gladly obliged, not really knowing what was going on, chilled out in his own little world. 
The x-ray appeared on the screen, Paul looked on in silence. After a while he asked to speak to Gary outside the stable! Jessica, holding Spirit’s neck, glanced over to me, the look between us said it all: ‘what are they talking about...is it bad news?’

Although I was positioned just outside the stable door and straining hard, I could not hear their exchange of words. Five minutes that seemed an eternity passed before they both returned to the stage; Paul looked again at the x-ray and shook his head.  I have worked on many feet but.... I’m afraid I am going to have to walk away from this one!’ Paul said gravely.

Jessica and my hearts missed a beat, whilst she held back her tears I was puzzling around in my head: ‘this is not right, this is not the way it plays out today, I know it isn’t... I KNOW Spirit does not get condemned today, something is wrong here!’ I thought to myself as silence engulfed the stable....


Copyright ©2014 Helen Hilliard
Emma's Room - Kindle/PC book
Titan's Tale - Kindle / PC book
www.helenthehealer.co.uk

 

No comments: